Bergen County NJ, Comprehensive Cosmetic Dentistry, Implants, Invisalign
Dr. John Sousa and his dedicated "Art of the Smile" Team have the highest level of accreditation and expertise in treating difficult cosmetic full mouth rehabilitations. He has been an active member of the prestigious American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry for over 17 years. His knowledge and expertise in combining cosmetic, restorative and orthodontic procedures create exquisitely beautiful smiles, that patients want and many dentists are reluctant to attempt, are a free consultation away. Dr. Sousa and the Team want to welcome you to a truly comprehensive practice. Come tell us what we can do for you!
Before development of dental implants, dentures were the only alternative to replacing a missing tooth or teeth. Implants are synthetic structures that are placed in the area of the tooth normally occupied by the root. Implants are anchored to the jawbone or metal framework on the bone and act as a foundation for an artificial tooth or permanent bridge. In some cases, implants can be used to attach dentures.
Not everyone is a candidate for a dental implant. For a successful implant to take hold, a candidate must have proper bone density and have a strong immune system. Implants are so well-designed, they mimic the look and feel of natural teeth. Implants are usually made of titanium. In general, good candidates who have dental implants can expect high success rates with the procedure.
The procedure can take several visits. During the first visit, an anchor is placed into the jawbone and the site is allowed to heal for several weeks or months. This gives your tissue time to grow around the anchor to more firmly hold it in place. During a follow-up visit, an artificial, natural-looking tooth is fitted over the implanted anchor.
MINI Dental Implants
If you are currently wearing dentures there is a good chance you consistently have problems with discomfort and loose fitting dentures. Traditional dentures can also cause pain and swelling in the gums due to friction created between the denture and your gums. It is also likely that you’re tired of having to constantly visit your dentist to have your dentures examined and cleaned, not to mention the adjustments to correct the inclination of the dentures. With cosmetic dentistry bringing out new and effective options for replacing lost tooth, there are numerous alternatives today that are less invasive and painful and effectively replace your lost tooth as compared to the traditional ones. Mini Dental Implants is one such option which has won over the hearts of all the patients who have used them. Mini dental implants do not require any major surgery as in the case of bone grafting and dental implantation. They are done on your normal dentures and are a lot less cheap than dental implantation and are as effective as well. Using dental implants ensures that your dentures are fixed to your gums and do not fall off, thus giving you new confidence while talking to people or eating in public.
With mini dental implants the traditional removable dentures are replaced with permanent dentures or implants that are fixed to your jaw bone with the help of a titanium screw. This can be done in a single procedure itself and does not require any additional maintenance after that. Mini dental implants also last for many years. The healing time for mini dental implants is a lot less than the traditional implantation. After the healing period which may last a few weeks, the titanium screw bonds with the jaw bone giving you a permanent solution to your traditional denture problems.
Mini dental implants can not only be used for dentures but for crown and bridge work as well. While mini dental implants provide an excellent solution for loose and non fitting dentures, they are also commonly used for missing teeth. Whether you are missing one or several teeth mini dental implants can help to provide a natural permanent solution without the high expense. Another benefit of these small diameter implants is that they do not require as much bone density as standard dental implants. This will also lessen the chances of you needing bone grafting procedures to build and strengthen bone. All of these benefits are the main reason why mini dental implants are much less costly than standard dental implants mainly due to less visits to your dentist. The mini dental implants are used for both medical as well as cosmetic purposes. You can regain your lost confidence and chewing ability with a full set of teeth. If you are interested in financing please click here. Please complete a free online consultation to find out if you are a candidate for mini dental implants
Advantages of Implant Dentures
With growing age, we tend to lose some of our teeth. When this happens most people choose dentures as a solution to this problem. However there are better options available. The problem with regular dentures is that they slip out of your mouth which can embarrass you in various occasions. Even using paste or glue does not really help to hold the dentures firmly in the mouth. Dental implant dentures are an improved solution for people who have lost their teeth either on the lower jaw or upper jaw or both. This method also assists in retaining the shape of the mouth and costs less than going in for an entire set of dental implants. Following are the benefits of getting the dental implant dentures –
Stable Foundation - The biggest advantage of dental implant dentures is that they offer a stable foundation so that the dentures remain in place firmly. Thus this helps in restoring 90 percent of the chewing ability of a person who has lost all their teeth. In addition, they offer a permanent solution to your problem and the use of durable materials ensures that there are no chances of it slipping out of your mouth while laughing or speaking.
- Better appearance - A person regains their looks and achieves an improved appearance once they get the dental implant dentures. After having a set of original teeth for all your life when a person loses them due to growing age, it makes them look old and uncomfortable. With dental implant dentures you look better and the same as you used to with your normal teeth.
- Ability to chew - Once you lose all your teeth, you have to cut down on a lot of food items due to your inability to chew them. The dental implant dentures gives back your chewing ability and allows you to eat what you were not able to. With regular dentures it was not possible to eat all you like as the chewing efficiency does not remain the same.
- Enhanced confidence - The dental implant dentures offer aesthetic value to an individual's overall look and thus boosts your confidence. A well-modeled and properly fitted denture gives patients enhanced confidence and better smile. They know that since these dentures are well fitted there are no chances of them slipping out of the mouth.
- Keep away from regular denture adjustment - Regular denture adjustment can be irritating at times. When a person loses all their teeth, it gives them a shrunken facial appearance and this change of facial shape requires constant denture adjustment. Therefore dental implant dentures allow you to get rid of this annoying problem.
- Improved speech ability - The regular dentures affect the speech of a person to some extent. The mouth and facial muscles work to keep the dentures in its position. Therefore a person may lose interest to interact with others or socialize. The dental implant dentures can control your speech problem as well as aid you to get rid of the muscle strain.
Regular dentures are not the best solution if you have lost all of your teeth. It is a good idea to visit a local dentist for a dental implant dentures consultation for a permanent solution to your problem. They offer more benefits and allow you the liberty to enjoy your life as you did with your natural teeth.â€‹â€‹